800 g brown rice
Marigold bouillon or vegetable stock
1 yellow pepper, finely diced
1 small onion, finely minced
6 mushrooms, finely diced
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
For the salad dressing:
4 tbsp olive oil
Grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
1 tsp honey
1 clove garlic, crushed
1. Cook the rice as you would normally (I usually use the microwave).
Use water with a teaspoon of bouillon for added flavour.
2. Allow the cooked rice to cool.
3. Mix together the cooled rice, pepper, onion, mushrooms, cherry
tomatoes, and coriander.
4. Make the salad dressing by mixing together the olive oil, lemon
juice, honey and garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Pour the salad dressing over the rice salad and toss through.
Peli had it as you can see with fried haloumi cheese and I had it with roasted chicken breast. And it was right up there on the yummy scale.